The friendly community of Le Sueur, Minnesota lies along the Minnesota River and U.S. Highway 169, between Mankato and the Twin Cities.
Le Sueur was named in honor of the French explorer Pierre-Charles Le Sueur. The community is well known locally as the “Valley of the Jolly Green Giant”. The Zion Congregation was formally established in 1868 as a member of what was then the Evangelical Synod of the West. We are proud of our history, and we look forward to the future, knowing that God is always by our side.
If you’d like to learn more about the history of Zion UCC in Le Sueur, MN, go to The History of Zion United Church of Christ.
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision for Zion Church is that we continually evolve as a vibrant congregation that nurtures its youth, its members, and the community through prayer, commitment, and service.
What We Do
Worship – a Celebration of Spirit
At Zion, we provide many opportunities for worship throughout the days, weeks, and seasons of the year. Each Sunday we hold two services to best suit the needs of our family of members; in the Sanctuary at 9:00 am, then broadcast at 10:00 am on radio station KCHK 1350 AM / 95.5 FM. We provide elements of sharing, inspiration, and uplifting so that each may celebrate the Spirit of God and the Love of Jesus Christ in his or her own way.
Zion’s Faith Formation focus makes it possible for each member to embark on a life-long journey of growing in faith and commitment. Our evolving Faith Formation Ministry is designed to provide spiritual growth opportunities for children, youth, and adults–including intergenerational activities. Children’s Sunday School and confirmation classes provides lessons in spirituality and religion through engaging in Scripture and the Christian Tradition through art, music, movement, and prayer.
- From the Twin Cities
Take US-169 S to Le Sueur and exit on MN-93 S/CR-8 ramp toward Le Sueur.
Turn Left onto MN-93/CR-8. Continue to follow MN-93 this becomes MN-112/Bridge St.
Turn right onto MN-112/S 4th Street. Go 1 block and turn left at the stop sign onto MN-112/Ferry Street. Proceed on Ferry Street for three blocks. The road forms a Y. Follow the Y to the right on MN-112/Elmwood Street and proceed 2 blocks. The church is on your right.
- From Mankato
Take US-169 N to Le Sueur and exit on MN-93 S/CR-8 ramp toward Le Sueur.
Turn Right onto MN-93/CR-8. Continue to follow MN-93 this becomes MN-112/Bridge St. Turn right onto MN-112/S 4th Street. Go 1 block and turn left at the stop sign onto MN-112/Ferry Street. Proceed on Ferry Street for three blocks. The road forms a Y. Follow the Y to the right on MN-112/Elmwood Street and proceed 2 blocks. The church is on your right.
About the United Church of Christ
The United Church of Christ believes that God’s word and hope for our lives is continually unfolding; God is still speaking. We believe in extravagant welcome; no matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome regardless of race, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or political beliefs. We believe in building a just world for all and invite transformation of our own lives, of systems and policies, of people and places.
Our Core Values
- Faithfulness: Seeking to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ, we live out the shared commitments of the United Church of Christ: continuing testament, extravagant welcome, and changing lives.
- Stewardship: Responding to God’s call to be faithful stewards of creation, we practice generosity and forward-looking, responsible and transparent use of resources. We value each person’s unique gifts of time, talent and treasure.
- Empowerment: Affirming multiple approaches to accomplish God’s work, we identify and develop diverse leaders, share resources and information, and responsibly delegate accountability and authority to act.
- Innovation: Risking for the Gospel, we discover, implement and share new ministry practices. We recognize and celebrate creative and courageous efforts when they succeed and when they fail.
- Justice: Serving with compassion and advocating with passion, we seek a more just and peaceful world. We work to eliminate social, cultural and racial barriers, honoring each individual as created in the image of God.